The perfect team with reliable vessels
James Rogers, Skipper
Unreel Fishing Charters is owned and operated by Skipper James Rogers, one of the most fanatical and passionate fishermen around. James has devoted his entire life to learning how to consistently catch every fish species worth catching in Port Phillip Bay, Western Port Bay and all around Victoria. After a lifetime of learning, James has made an amazing career of managing to consistently catch bag limits and trophy sizes of Melbourne's most prestigious fish for his clients, which include Port Phillip Bay Snapper (Big Red snapper), Western Port, And Port Phillip Gummy Shark and Portland's famous Blue-fin Tuna. Over the last 40 years, James has spent countless hours fishing Melbourne's waterways landing countless solid fish.
M.V. Ranga Banga I
Our first vessel Ranga Banga is a 6.8 metre plate alloy custom built fishing boat and has earned its name from becoming one the most successful snapper catching boats in Melbourne. Thousands of our customers have experienced the excitement of catching Melbourne's big reds or even our small reds (pinkies) upon its decks, not to mention the many other species that we target and catch in such great numbers.
M.V. Ranga Banga II
M.V. Ranga Banga II is a plate alloy custom built fishing boat and has been fitted out and ready to catch fish. It measures almost 8 meters in length and is an extremely stable platform able to accommodate easily up to 10 passengers within Port Phillip Bay and Western Port. This vessel has the advantage of a larger roof covering a substantial part of the deck allowing for more comfort in rough/rainy/hot weather it also has the comforts of a fully plumbed toilet, CD radio, passenger seating, marine BBQ, plus powerful Suzuki 300 HP 4 stroke outboard engine for speed and reliability. The other features of our boat that allow it to be a "fish catching machine" are as follows.
- Furuno 588 fish-finder/sounder
- Airmar 175w chirp 1 kW thru hull transducer
- Garmin 4012 GPS chart-plotter
- Garmin 24 HD radar
- Lonestar 2000w Anchor Winch/15 kg Mud Magnet (super stick) Anchor system
- Stainless 38 position rod holder/snapper rack
- We highly recommend these products, and suppliers we trust to supply and fit these products to our vessel are:
- Nautek Marine Braeside experts in marine electronics sounders, transducers, GPS, radar, etc... Phone 9580 9922
- Lonestar Marine Carrum downs are experts in all aspects of anchoring. Phone 0409132173
- Quality marine fabrications Dandenong, the highest quality stainless work available. Phone 0408509302
- All our marine mechanical work is looked after by The Outboard Specialists, the best in the business! Phone 0431185061